Monday, December 17, 2012

Brady's Class


This is a post about my English 102 class that was lead by Professor Brady, I am supposed to discuss and review how my time at 102 was and what I felt about it. This doesn't seem fair and right mainly because there is nothing special about me and I am not a fan of literature or writing myself. I had a fun and educational time at Professor Brady's 102 class mainly because of Professor Brady, yes all the student were cool but it's the Professor that deserves most of the credit. 
During my time at Farmingdale State College I've had some good classes and one that the professor put all the students to sleep, gladly it was not Professor Brady. Actually Professor Brady is the total opposite, she has so much passion for literature that at first it was scary to be in her class. From the times when she stairs at you while she asks the class a question to the times when she gets so deep into her lectures that she starts singing. Now by all means I am not saying these are negative things because as the end of the semester is a day away and I look back I realize that these are the things that made her different and for that I would like to thanks Professor Brady. Being different in modern sociality is not an easy thing especially when it has to be in front of 30 or so college students that are falling asleep, texting, won't respond to anything unless their grade depends on it but the way Professor Brady upheld the class were forced at first to speak. Then we started to cut each other off and that was when we all became a class, for those who participated. 
I really enjoyed the topics Professor Brady covered and the stories that were chosen for us to read, I'm not a fan of read but after reading and giving some thought I found out that these stories relate to my life in a way. When I started to think about what Professor Brady was speaking about and how authors are just trying to display their emotions I realized that I'm not just reading a story but seeing the emotions of the author. I actually started to read the New York Times other than what I was reading no the computer already and I enjoy it. It’s relaxing and peaceful. This is important and stunning to me because the last time I read a whole book was in 7 or 8th grade, which come to think of it is stupid. Mainly because I like information and know and books are one of the best ways to obtain these things. As the last day of the semester comes and Professor Brady will ask us about what did we learn from her class, I could say that I learned to enjoy literature but not writing yet. Thank You Professor Brady again. 

2 comments:

  1. YOu are most WELCOME!!!!!!!

    Great job today! Your presentation was excellent.

    This portfolio looks wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Professor Brady.
    I'll be updating the blog shortly!

    ReplyDelete